Monday 13 December 2010

LRF Outfit

Received a nice little delivery recently courtesy of Mick @ Mr.Fish.

I have taken the plunge, and got myself an LRF outfit, ready to take on the mini species. The full list of bits is;

- Varivas Violente Light Game VLL-73-S (7'3 solid tip)
- Shimano Rarenium 3000SFA
- Varivas Light Game Merabu PE 0.3
- Triple Fish Fluro 6lb

- Cultiva Rock 'n Bait Ting Twin Tail 1.5"
- Owner EBI Bait
- Reins Rockvibe Shad Gold Legend 2"
- Reins Rockvibe Shad Aji King Silver 2"
- Cultiva Rock 'n Bait Ring Kick Tail 2"
- Cultiva Micro Worm Pink 1.4"

- Owner Split Shotter Hook Size 10
- Owner Split Shotter Hook Size 6
- Owner Slim Offset Hook Size 6
- Owner Float Rigger Hook Size 8

- Cultiva X-Head 1g
- Cultiva X-Head 1.5g
- Cultiva X-Head 2.5g
- Decoy Rocket Plus 1.4g
- Delalande 3g
- Zebco Lead Ball Assortment



















Would like to give a big shout out to Mick at Mr.Fish, for his time on the telephone giving advice and info on all the above. Highly recommended as usual.

2 comments:

  1. So how do you like the Varivas Violente? I've been considering getting one, but I've had a hard time finding any reviews or anything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have now sold the Violente on, only to fund another Nories LRF style rod. I found the Violente to be very sensitive, great for the Harbour's, but also I used it a lot in the Estuary at night, on the larger Pollack, and had a few decent Bass with it. I found it suited better to the small soft plastics, it did struggle a bit with some small metals around the 5g mark. The actual rod is very good quality, nice construction and looks great as well. If I had the funds, would have kept hold of it for sure.

    ReplyDelete