Wednesday 1 February 2012

We Have a WINNER!

Starting at Christmas 2011, and running all the way through January 2012, I have been running a competition on my Blog, for people to win some fantastic Sunline Momentum 4x4. The closing date was yesterday, and I am happy to announce that we now have a winner, who was picked at random from all the entries that were emailed to me.



So the lucky winner is Scott Hutchison. The answer was of course (B) Sunline Momentum 4x4 is a 8 strand braid. Big congratulations, and I will be contacting you in order to arrange the sending out of your prize, Sunline Momentum 4x4, in your choice of either 16lb or 20lb. It's a line that I have been using over the past few months, and I am sure you will find it as good as I have. It was great to be able to run a competition like this on my blog, and appreciate all those who took the time to read my Blog and enter.

If you want to get your hands on some Sunline Momentum 4x4, available in various breaking strains, then it is available from The Art Of Fishing and Mr Fish, a great line at a great price, so check them out!

Continuing on with the Sunline theme, I have recently spooled up with some Sunline  RockFish 0.6PE 10lb. I have loaded the full 120m with a little backing onto one of my Daiwa Certate 2506 spools, cool looking line, in a bright orange.



This line will hopefully compliment the 10lb Sunline FC Sniper flurorcarbon which I have on another spool. Where as the fluoro will be used for close range soft plastic lure work, the RockFish PE has the added advantage of better castability, so I will be trying it with small plugs and metal vib lures. Side by side, they will allow me to cover most conditions.

This morning was my first chance to give it an outing. Unfortunately not the best weather, for me it was the coldest days fishing so far this winter, with brisk East North East winds. Taking a long walk along the coast path, found the relative shelter of a deep water rough ground mark. Rigged up a Nories Flat Fat 4" lure carolina style, and cast out.

First fish came in the form of a Ballan Wrasse, fighting all the way out of the deep water, trying to bury it's head in the kelp and rocky crags. Moving round the bay, next fish on the softies was a Pollack, who took the lure as it fell through the water column off the cast. With the Pollack around, seemed a good chance to try out a small metal vib, in the shape of an Ecogear VX45. Ripping it up through the water, the Pollack were hitting it hard on the fall. I change my rear treble to a single hook on these lures, and it was getting the Pollack each time, less damage to the fish, and easier unhooking.




Initial impressions are good for the RockFish PE. Feels great in the fingertips, and has behaved well in todays wind. The contact feel  bouncing the bottom, as well as detecting takes on the drop is good. Looking forward to further sessions and testing of this line. More thoughts on it in the future.

2 comments:

  1. That rockfish pe is tops its all I use now at the minute it doesn't fray like some braid's gives me a bit more confidence and I like the knot strength it hasn't let me down in a year ...great post as usual and thanks for the link mate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to recieving my prize Paul!

    I use the RockFish PE 0.3 for my LRF. Fantastic line. Highly sensitive. Silky smooth. Casts well. My only small gripe is that it loses it's bright colour slightly but otherwise I'd highly reccomend it!

    Tight lines, Scott.

    ReplyDelete