Monday 6 June 2011

New Rod Christened 06-06-2011

Went out this morning with the intention to try and find some Bass. Conditions were not great tho, crystal clear water and dead calm, with a North Westerly wind blowing. I was fishing local, in the Bigbury Bay area.

First session with the new rod; Daiwa morethan Branzino 87LML (5-24g). Tried a few plugs out, over the shallow rocky reef. Nothing showing. Decided to switch to some SP's, and Texas rigged an OSP Do-Live Stick 4.5"

Casting into the gullies, along the fingers of rock, was not long till I had my first fish, a Wrasse. As I reeled it into my feet, a Bass of around 3lb was harassing it, trying to get at the lure hooked in the Wrasse's mouth! Was the only Bass I saw all day tho.


Decided to change location, and a short drive to the middle of the bay. Fished off some low tide rocks, casting short into some deep weed, on a rocky drop off, this time with a 3.5" OSP Do-Live Stick. Could see the Wrasse attacking the lure, sometimes in pairs, with one getting hooked. Only fished an hour at this spot, but ended up with six fish in total. Did not find the Bass, but great fun on the Wrasse, the new rod felt and handled superb, looking forward to getting more sessions under my belt with it.





No comments:

Post a Comment