Friday 18 February 2011

Plymouth LRF Meet 17-02-2011

Few interesting fish caught last night, think the caught species list ran to 6 from memory, with Flounder, Scorpion Fish, Blenny, Whiting, Smelt and of course Pollack. No wind made the fishing conditions good, but a big spring high tide and very bright full moon may have contributed to a slow start.

I did not get into my first fish for an hour and a half, trying various lures and retrieves. Matt had had a couple but the action was very slow. Ben turned up and was straight into the fish, followed shortly by the best fish of the night in my opinion, a nice flounder. Lots of taps on a 2" lure but no takes let us know the Smelt were about. I decided to go with a 1.3" Micro Worm, with a size 10 hook, and proceeded to take six Smelt on the trot.

On the closed size of the Harbour, some nice fish came from a small area, Matt had a nice sized Scorpion fish, that tried to eat his thumb as he posed for the pics. My most 'interesting' fish, the general consensus on the species was a Common Blenny, with a count of ten fish and three species to finish the night to my name.





No comments:

Post a Comment