Friday 15 July 2011

Boat Wrasse 11-07-2011

My neighbor has given me the use of his little Zodiac inflatable boat, just under 3m long, fully inflatable, pack away style, with a modern Suzuki 4stroke 4hp. Blew it up last night, and ran the engine up, just to check all was ok, as it had not been used for a couple of years.

Beautiful weather today, sunny, windless and flat conditions, perfect first outing with the boat. Roamed around Bigbury bay, trying a few spots, including one I usually fish at low tide for access. In the boat, I was able to fish it at high tide, and the Wrasse were there in numbers.

Tackle was the Nories RockFish Bottom Light 7-15g, '10 Daiwa Certate 2506 with 0.8PE braid, lures were various Nories SP's Texas rigged. Took a total of 10 Wrasse, nothing huge, with the biggest around the 3lb mark;











Was great fishing from the boat, everything at the fingertips, fishing in just board shorts (nice sun burn in the middle of my back from where I could not reach with the suncream!). Will deffo be taking it out again soon, think the effort of blowing it up/deflating and packing away is just about worth it! Wish I had taken a few pics of the boat set up, maybe next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment