Tuesday 23 August 2011

Light Action Wrasse 23-08-2011

Has been a while since I put up a catch report, combination of busy work schedule, and enjoying the summer days with the family, means I have not been going out for regular sessions. Over the last few weeks, have stole an hour here and there, whilst out sunbathing at the coves and beaches, see what turns up, mainly Pollack and Wrasse on the LRF kit.

Today I went out for a half day dedicated session, down in West Cornwall. Calm conditions meant I took the opportunity to head out with my favorite set up, the Nories Slow Retrive 0.9-5g paired with a Daiwa '10 Certate 2506 loaded with new Sunline Small Game 0.4PE braid. I have come to love this combo, if there is a chance I can use it, I will.

Started out with a few of the small plugs I have recently aquired, and took several Pollack, and also a Wrasse with a very slow retrieve through a gully;



Switched over to the softs, and tried some clean boulder ground, directly under the rock ledge I was on. Went with the trusty Power Isome cut down on a small jig head. Could see several small fish, having a look at what was going on, before a small Wrasse decided he wqanted to play. Have to admit, not used the Power Isome much myself, but will be giving it more outings soon;


As the coastline opened up a bit more, went over to my tried and tested lures for light action Wrasse, Slug-Go 3" and Jackson Delicious Shiner softies, Texas rigged with 2-3g sinkers, on small weedless hook. Went on to take 6 more Wrasse to this method, mostly slow twitch and deadstick, close range;







The last 3 fish were the biggest of the day, but there was nothing of any real note. Did seem the fish were less in number than a couple of months back, fished over high tide, but it was a small neap. No sign of a Bass or Mackerel, but I was in an area of heavy commercial action and numerous charter boats coming and going. 

No comments:

Post a Comment